The National Conservation Foundation (NCF), in partnership with the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD), launched a campaign on Oct. 1 to develop the next generation of conservation leaders.
The NCF Next Generation Leadership Campaign seeks to create an endowed fund to cultivate future leaders of the conservation district community through leadership development, training and ongoing engagement with next generation leaders. Contributions made to the campaign of up to $100,000 will be matched dollar for dollar by a generous benefactor.
The Next Generation Leadership Campaign supports NCF’s mission of developing the next generation of conservation leaders. Campaign contributions will support a program that will provide future generations of leaders with the training and resources needed to provide effective leadership to advance locally-led natural resource conservation.
We must develop tomorrow’s leaders today to build on NACD’s proud legacy of locally-led, working lands conservation. By raising awareness of this need, building support, and providing the right training and resources through leadership development, conservation delivery will be stronger now and in the future.
The program will be officially launched at the 2019 NACD Annual Meeting in February and will provide:
- An advisory committee to help design program outcomes
- Trainings, meetings and webinars for leadership participants
- Face-to-face opportunities for leadership participants at NACD meetings
- Every dollar up to $100,000 will be matched by a generous benefactor
- Interested in participating in the leadership program? Contact Laura Demmel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- WORD OF MOUTH
- Share social media graphics
- Tell emerging leaders about the initiative
- INFORMATION SHARING
- Have experience or insight within the leadership programming space? Contact Laura Demmel (email@example.com).