Open Positions at NACD
Director of Communications – The Director of Communications oversees both internal and external communications and works closely with NACD’s policy and member services teams to ensure that members’ needs are being met. This position interacts with members of the media and other partners to communicate conservation district priorities and successes to targeted audiences and the general public. Applications are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.
Internships at NACD
NACD interns typically work with NACD’s government affairs and communications staff to advance the association’s legislative agenda. They are given hands-on learning experiences that enhance their understanding of Congress and the legislative process; the work of federal natural resources and environmental agencies; and the roles conservation districts and state conservation agencies play in the development of natural resources, agricultural, and environmental policies.
NACD interns are typically college juniors or seniors who are interested in natural resources policy, environmental science, or agricultural fields. They traditionally work for 10 weeks during the summer or 15 weeks during the fall or winter, and are expected to work full time – although special arrangements can be made. A performance-based stipend is awarded at the end of the internship.
- Assisting in summarizing and disseminating policy information to conservation leaders;
- Assisting with coordinating grassroots outreach efforts;
- Representing NACD at meetings, press conferences, receptions, and other events;
- Helping write and edit newsletters and other special reports relative to policy and programs;
- Attending hearings and briefings on subjects relative to private lands conservation funding and policies;
- Interpreting data and creating reports and charts; and
- Performing any and all related duties that advance the mission and purposes of NACD.
How to Apply
NACD accepts applications year-round for three sessions:
Fall Session: 15 weeks, September through mid-December
Summer Session: 10 weeks, June through mid-August
Winter Session: 15 weeks, January through March