District Operations and Member Services Committee
The District Operations and Member Services Committee works to improve the connectivity between the local districts, state associations and national organization by providing resources that assist in the daily operations of a conservation district. The committee also works closely with partnering agencies to build upon the existing services NACD provides to individual, district and state association members.
- Chair: Franklin Williams, North Carolina
- Vice Chair: Alan Williams, Louisiana
- Staff Advisor: Kimberly Uldricks
- Member States: Alaska, Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Northern Mariana Islands, Oklahoma, Utah, Washington, D.C., Wisconsin
The Communications Committee is responsible for providing guidance, input, direction and assistance to accomplish NACD goals. Members of the committee work with NACD staff to strengthen both internal and external communications.
- Chair: NACD Second Vice President Ian Cunningham, Minnesota
- Vice Chair: Jim Berlier, New Mexico
- Staff Advisor: Sara Kangas
- Member States: American Samoa, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, West Virginia
The Legislative Committee is responsible for guiding and coordinating the development and implementation of legislative strategies in support of Board of Directors approved policy and program objectives.
- Chair: NACD Secretary-Treasurer Gary Blair, Mississippi
- Vice Chair: Bill Simshauser, Kansas
- Staff Advisor: Coleman Garrison
- Member States: Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming
Stewardship and Education Committee
The Stewardship and Education Committee is responsible for assisting in the promotion of conservation education through the Stewardship Week program materials and other education outreach materials. Members participate in the process and review of materials.
- Chair: Linda Brownson, New Hampshire
- Vice Chair: Steve Stierwalt, Illinois
- Staff Advisor: Diana Blackwood
- Member States: Alabama, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Palau, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands
Natural Resources Policy Committee
The Natural Resources Policy Committee is responsible for coordinating activities and formulating policy recommendations in all areas, which include but are not limited to agricultural lands, water resources, forestry, urban, wildlife habitat and grazing lands.
- Chair: NACD First Vice President Kim LaFleur
- Vice Chair: Tom Wehri, California
- Staff Advisor: Mary Scott
- Member States: Arizona, Colorado, Guam, Federated States of Micronesia, Indiana, Louisiana, Puerto Rico, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Carolina, Washington
Resource Policy Groups
Each committee may establish subcommittees and task forces to assist with special projects or issues. The Natural Resources Policy Committee may also set up Resource Policy Groups (RPGs) to tackle special interest issues. The membership of subcommittees, task forces and RPGs are determined by the appropriate committee chair.
Existing RPGs under the Natural Resources Policy Committee include: