Executive Board Member: Steve Stierwalt, Sadorus, Ill.
Region Chair: Kris Swartz, Perrysburg, Ohio
Region Vice Chair: Kurt Beckstrom, Milaca, Minn.
National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA)
National Association of State Conservation Agencies (NASCA) State Representatives
Staff: Beth Mason, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Application period opens July 2021 for the 2022 cohort of the National Conservation Foundation (NCF) Next Generation Leadership Institute (NGLI). The goal of the NGLI is to equip conservation district leaders with the tools to become state and national leaders through personal, civic and organizational leadership development. Currently-appointed conservation district officials are eligible to apply, as well as district officials with current or potential for a statewide leadership position. For more information on NGLI, please visit https://www.nationalconservationfoundation.org/ngli/.
- Boot Camp for 2021 has been canceled due to COVID-19
- 2021 NACD Summer Conservation Forum and Tour, Chicago, Illi.: July 24 – 27
- 2021 NACD State Association Executive Directors’ Conference, Asheville, NC: September 27 – 30 (details to come)
- 2022 NACD North Central Region Winter Board Meeting, Ohio (dates and specific location TBD)
- 2022 NACD Annual Meeting, Orlando, Fla.: February 12 – 16
Region Specific Resources:
Technical Assistance (TA) Grants
- 2021 NACD TA Grants: NACD is pleased to announce a Request for Proposals (RFP) for projects that will increase the technical assistance capacity of conservation districts. There is a total of $1.9 million in technical assistance (TA) grant funding available. Applications from state and territory partnership leaders will be due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on June 6, 2021.
- Have a TA Grant success story? Please share information with beth-mason[at]nacdnet.org
Urban Agriculture Conservation (UAC) Grant Initiative
- NACD Announces Urban Conservation Grants for 20 Conservation Districts. The projects will enable multiple partners to support each other on topics as varied as soil health, native plants and pollinator health, while making concerted efforts to reach new clients of conservation districts. See the full list of 2021 grantees on NACD’s 2021 Urban Agriculture Conservation Grant Recipients webpage and read more about past grantees on NACD’s Urban Agriculture Conservation Grant Initiative Story Map Shortlist.
Federal Policy and Partner Updates:
- NACD 2021 Annual Meeting – Virtual (pending approval): February 4, 2021
- NACD 2021 North Central Region Board Meeting – Virtual: January 6, 2021
- NACD 2020 Summer Region Meeting – Virtual: July 8, 2020
- NACD 2020 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV: February 9, 2020
- NACD 2020 North Central Region Board Meeting, St. Charles, MO: January 6 – 7, 2020
Where to Find Your Region Rep:
(Due to Covid-19, all NACD travel has been suspended)
Please send any resources, announcements, questions or comments to
Beth Mason, beth-mason[at]nacdnet.org
Click here for information about the North Central Region Meeting.