Executive Board Member: Bevin Law, Longford, Kan.
Region Chair: Orval Gigstad, Syracuse, Neb.
Region Vice Chair: Fran Fritz, Iroquois, S.D.
National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Northern Plains Region Representative: Sarah Tunge, Beulah, N.D.
National Association of State Conservation Agencies (NASCA) Northern Plains Region Representative: Cindy Pulse, Manhattan, Kan.
Staff: Sunni Heikes-Knapton, Ennis, Mont.
Events and News:
- Summer Conservation Tour and Forum in Bismarck, North Dakota has been cancelled.
- Conservation Planning Boot Camp accepting applications from district employees (ongoing).
- Submit any questions, news or events to Sunni Heikes-Knapton, sunni-heikes-knapton[at]nacdnet.org and check NACD’s calendar for more events
Region Specific Resources:
Technical Assistance Grants:
- Information about 2020 Technical Assistance grants is available online.
- To be featured as TA Grant success story, submit information to Mike Beacom, mike-beacom[at]nacdnet.org
- Technical Assistance Grant for 2018 and 2019: Quarterly Reports due: April 20, 2020 for reporting period January 1, 2020-March 31, 2020.
Urban and Community Conservation:
Federal Policy and Partner Updates:
- Send any comments, questions, or ideas to Sunni Heikes-Knapton, sunni-heikes-knapton[at]nacdnet.org
Northern Plains Meeting Minutes:
- 3/12/2020: Northern Plains Conference Call
- 2/9/2020: NACD 2020 Annual Meeting Las Vegas
- 12/13/2019: Northern Plains Conference Call
- 11/15/2019: Northern Plains Conference Call
- 10/15/2019: Northern Plains Conference Call
- 9/17/2019: Northern Plains Conference Call
- 8/4/2019: 2019 Summer Meeting, Sante Fe, NM
- 6/12-14/19: 2019 Northern Plains Region Meeting: Gothenburg, Nebraska
- 2/3/2019: NACD 2019 Annual Meeting San Antonio
Where to Find Your Region Rep:
- Through June 8: All NACD Staff travel is restricted.
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Sunni Heikes-Knapton,
For information on the Northern Plains Region meeting, click here.