NACD Pacific Region Representative (Staff): Ariel Rivers (ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org), Livermore, CA
Events and News:
- NACD Resources for COVID-19
- State Resources from Oregon, Washington and California.
- Western Governor’s Association: COVID-19 in the West
- The Conservation Planning Boot Camp Sessions for April and May have been cancelled, but district employees may still apply for sessions later in the year.
- Additional guidance from FEMA.
- Please reference the weekly eResource and our Calendar of Events for any cancellations or postponements of NACD events. Currently, the summer and regional meetings are still planned for July and September, respectively.
- June 1, 2020: Deadline for the TA 2020 grant application
- July 20, 5-7 PM (EST): NACD Virtual Board Meeting. Details forthcoming.
- POSTPONED: July 18-21, 2020: NACD Summer Meeting, Bismarck, ND
- CANCELLED: September 16-18, 2020: Pacific and Southwest Joint Region Meeting, Maui, HI
- Ongoing: Opportunity to support district grants by donating to Friends of NACD
- Ongoing: Conservation Planning Boot Camp accepting applications
- Submit any questions, news or events to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org and check NACD’s calendar for more events
Region Specific Resources:
- NACD Investments in the Pacific Region
- National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Pacific Region Representative: Mandy Parkes, Inland Empire RCD (CA)
- Washington State Conservation Commission District Marketing Toolkit
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources:
- NACD Tribal Outreach and Partnership Resource Policy Group
- Latino Conservation Week
- Conservationists of Color Resources List
- References for Virtual Activities:
Technical Assistance 2020 Updates:
- RFP for new grants through TA 2020 open through June 1, 2020
- See NACD’s informational webinar and slides from the informational webinar.
- To be featured as TA Grant success story, submit information to Mike Beacom, mike-beacom[at]nacdnet.org
- Technical Assistance Quarterly Report due dates:
|Reporting Period||Report Due|
|January 1 – March 31||April 20|
|April 1 – June 30||July 20|
|July 1 – September 30||October 20|
|October 1 – December 31||January 20|
Urban and Community Conservation Grants:
- Congratulations to the 2020 awardees, including 8 districts in California and Washington.
- Friends of NACD District Grants
Other Funding Opportunities
- Defense Community Infrastructure Pilot Program – accepting comments through May 18, with an RFP announced on Grants.gov in June.
- USDA Urban Agriculture and Innovation Production Competitive Grants Program – due July 6, 2020.
- USDA Community Compost and Food Waste Reduction Project– due June 26, 2020.
- NRCS’ Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) program – due June 29, 2020.
Federal Policy and Partner Updates:
- June 22, 2020: Comments due on NIFA’s Urban, Indoor and other Emerging Agricultural Production Research, Education and Extension Initiative
- July 6 – Aug. 21, 2020: Program signup period for FSA’s CLEAR30 pilot program to enroll in a 30-year Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) contract
- July 20, 2020: Submissions due for the 2020 U.S. Farmer Rancher Pollinator Conservation Award
- Western Landowners Alliance (WLA) and WRA, Inc. have partnered to offer a nine-part, monthly blog series focused on how landowners can leverage the opportunities offered by conservation finance to further both conservation and economic goals
- Send any comments, questions, or ideas to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org
Meeting Minutes and Notes:
- NACD 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes, Las Vegas, NV: February 9, 2020.
- NACD 2019 Summer Regional Meeting Notes, Santa Fe, NM: August 4, 2019.
- NACD 2019 Annual Meeting Minutes, San Antonio, TX: February 3, 2019
- NACD Summer Regional Meeting Minutes, Kennewick, WA: September 18, 2018
- NACD 2018 Annual Meeting Minutes, Nashville, TN: January 28, 2018
Recent Monthly Updates:
If you have any information to include, please contact Ariel Rivers.
- April Pacific Region Update: April 30, 2020.
- March Pacific Region Update: March 31, 2020.
- February Pacific Region Update: February 28, 2020.
- January Pacific Region Update: January 31, 2020.
- November Pacific Region Update: November 19, 2019.
- October Pacific Region Update: October 17, 2019.
Where to Find Your Region Rep:
- All staff travel is suspended through June 8, 2020
- NACD Summer Virtual Board Meeting, Zoom: July 20, 2020
- Request staff or officer attendance at an event
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org
For information on the Pacific Region meeting, click here.