NACD Pacific Region Representative (Staff): Ariel Rivers (ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org), Livermore, CA
Events and News:
- Upcoming NACD Meetings:
- Feb. 1-10, 2021: NACD Annual Meeting, Virtual
- July 24-27, 2021: NACD Summer Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Ongoing: Opportunity to support district grants by donating to Friends of NACD
- Ongoing: Conservation Planning Boot Camp accepting applications
- Submit any questions, news or events to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org and check NACD’s calendar for more events
Region Specific Resources:
- Pacific Region Dues Report: FY21 Quarter 1 – Updated Dec. 31, 2021
- NACD Investments in the Pacific Region – Updated Aug. 31, 2020
- NACD Pacific Region Communications Plan – Updated Sept. 3, 2020
- NACD Pacific Region Highlight Series Proposal – Updated Sept. 3, 2020
- National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Pacific Region Representative: Mandy Parkes, Inland Empire RCD (CA)
- Washington State Conservation Commission District Marketing Toolkit
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources:
The NACD Leadership is recently appointed a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force, as outlined in NACD’s Statement on DEI.
In February 2021, the Task Force launched the NACD Diversity Equity and Inclusion Toolkit.
- NACD’s District Operations and Membership Services Committee (DOMS) DEI Resource List – Look here for a list of example projects related to board diversity, community outreach, and a variety of other resources.
- NACD Tribal Outreach and Partnership Resource Policy Group
- Latino Conservation Week (LCW)
- On page 28-29, NACD’s Summer 2020 edition of The Resource describes California’s Inland Empire Resource Conservation District’s (IERCD) 2020 LCW event
- Conservationists of Color Resources List
References for Inclusive Virtual Activities:
- How to Ensure your Website is Inclusive and Welcoming
- USDA-Tips and Resources for Hosting Virtual Events for Everyone to Access
- FPAC-Accessible and Inclusive Telework Practices Using Teams
- Technical Assistance 2021 Updates:
- Pending requests from current grantees, the funding period will open in March, 2021.
- See the TA Grant Map detailing all awards to date and links to success stories
- To be featured as TA Grant success story, submit information to Katrina Vaitkus (katrina-vaitkus[at]nacdnet.org)
- Technical Assistance Quarterly Report due dates:
|Reporting Period||Report Due|
|January 1 – March 31||April 20|
|April 1 – June 30||July 20|
|July 1 – September 30||October 20|
|October 1 – December 31||January 20|
- Urban and Community Conservation Grants:
- For FY2021 funding, applications are accepted through Feb. 15, 2021 (see more info online), with announcements by late-March, 2021.
- Friends of NACD District Grants
- Other Funding Opportunities
Federal Policy and Partner Updates:
Send any comments, questions, or ideas to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org
Meeting Minutes and Notes:
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, Bi-Monthly Zoom Meeting: January 2021.
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, Bi-Monthly Zoom Meeting: November 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, Bi-Monthly Zoom Meeting: September 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, Bi-Monthly Zoom Meeting: July 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2020 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV: February 9, 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, NACD 2019 Summer Meeting, Santa Fe, NM: August 4, 2019.
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2019 Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX: February 3, 2019
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2018 Summer Meeting, Kennewick, WA: September 18, 2018
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2018 Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN: January 28, 2018
Recent Monthly Updates:
Sign up HERE for monthly updates. If you have any information to include, please contact Ariel Rivers.
- October Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- September Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- August Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- July Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- May Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- April Pacific Region Update: April 30, 2020.
- March Pacific Region Update: March 31, 2020.
- February Pacific Region Update: February 28, 2020.
Where to Find Your Region Rep:
- All staff travel is suspended.
- Request staff or officer attendance at an event
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org
For information on the Pacific Region meeting, click here.