NACD Pacific Region Representative (Staff): Ariel Rivers (ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org), Livermore, CA
Events and News:
- Upcoming NACD Meetings:
- Sept. 17, 2020: NACD’s Monthly Urban Webinar
- Nov. 3, 4-5 PM (Pacific Time): Pacific Region Bi-Monthly Zoom Calls. Contact Ariel for log-in information.
- Feb. 6-10, 2021: NACD Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA
- July 24-27, 2021: NACD Summer Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Ongoing: Opportunity to support district grants by donating to Friends of NACD
- Ongoing: Conservation Planning Boot Camp accepting applications
- Submit any questions, news or events to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org and check NACD’s calendar for more events
Region Specific Resources:
- NACD Investments in the Pacific Region – Updated Aug. 31, 2020
- NACD Pacific Region Communications Plan – Updated Sept. 3, 2020
- NACD Pacific Region Highlight Series Proposal – Updated Sept. 3, 2020
- National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Pacific Region Representative: Mandy Parkes, Inland Empire RCD (CA)
- Washington State Conservation Commission District Marketing Toolkit
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources:
The NACD Leadership is currently appointing a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force, which will help drive the efforts outlined in NACD’s Statement on DEI.
- NACD’s District Operations and Membership Services Committee (DOMS) DEI Resource List – Look here for a list of example projects related to board diversity, community outreach, and a variety of other resources.
- NACD Tribal Outreach and Partnership Resource Policy Group
- Latino Conservation Week (LCW)
- On page 28-29, NACD’s Summer 2020 edition of The Resource describes California’s Inland Empire Resource Conservation District’s (IERCD) 2020 LCW event
- Conservationists of Color Resources List
References for Inclusive Virtual Activities:
- How to Ensure your Website is Inclusive and Welcoming
- USDA-Tips and Resources for Hosting Virtual Events for Everyone to Access
- FPAC-Accessible and Inclusive Telework Practices Using Teams
- Technical Assistance 2020 Updates:
- The funding period is now closed, with a very tentative application period expected in early 2021.
- See the TA Grant Map detailing all awards to date and links to success stories
- To be featured as TA Grant success story, submit information to Katrina Vaitkus (katrina-vaitkus[at]nacdnet.org)
- Technical Assistance Quarterly Report due dates:
|Reporting Period||Report Due|
|January 1 – March 31||April 20|
|April 1 – June 30||July 20|
|July 1 – September 30||October 20|
|October 1 – December 31||January 20|
- Urban and Community Conservation Grants:
- New RFP coming in Fall 2020, to be awarded at NACD’s Annual Meeting in Feb. 2021.
- Congratulations to the 2020 awardees, including 8 districts in California and Washington.
- Friends of NACD District Grants
- Other Funding Opportunities
Federal Policy and Partner Updates:
- DOI released a Draft Invasive Species Management Plan with the goal of strengthening collaboration between DOI and with local and state stakeholder groups. They are currently accepting comments through Oct. 9, 2020. Upcoming Listening Sessions are below, with RSVPs required.
- Tribal Teleconference Consultation – Sept. 17, 4:00pm, EDT
- Alaska Native Corporations Teleconference – Sept. 22, 4:00pm, EDT
- General Listening Session Teleconference – Sept. 24 and 28, 4:00pm, EDT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and U.S. Forest Service (USFS) is now seeking applications for the Community Forest and Open Space Conservation Program (Community Forest Program or CFP). Applications due Jan. 11, 2021.
Meeting Minutes and Notes:
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, Bi-Monthly Zoom Meeting: September 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, Bi-Monthly Zoom Meeting: July 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2020 Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV: February 9, 2020.
- Pacific Region Meeting Notes, NACD 2019 Summer Meeting, Santa Fe, NM: August 4, 2019.
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2019 Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX: February 3, 2019
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2018 Summer Meeting, Kennewick, WA: September 18, 2018
- Pacific Region Meeting Minutes, NACD 2018 Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN: January 28, 2018
Recent Monthly Updates:
Sign up HERE for monthly updates. If you have any information to include, please contact Ariel Rivers.
- August Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- July Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- May Pacific Region Update: Available Online.
- April Pacific Region Update: April 30, 2020.
- March Pacific Region Update: March 31, 2020.
- February Pacific Region Update: February 28, 2020.
Where to Find Your Region Rep:
- All staff travel is suspended through October 2020
- Request staff or officer attendance at an event
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Ariel Rivers, ariel-rivers[at]nacdnet.org
For information on the Pacific Region meeting, click here.