Executive Board Member: John McAlpine, Arkansas
Region Chair: Jason Nolde, Louisiana
National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) South Central Region Representative: Coleta Bratten
Staff: Wesley Gibson, Temple, Texas.
Events and News:
South Central Region Meeting: August 13-15, 2023 in Arlington, Texas. For information on the South Central Region meeting, click here.
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Wesley Gibson, wesley-gibson[at]nacdnet.org
Check NACD’s calendar for more events
- Looking for NACD leadership or staff at your state meeting? Request someone’s attendance here.
Technical Assistance Grants (TA):
- To see current grantees or if you wish to apply for a NACD TA grant please visit Technical Assistance Grants – NACD (nacdnet.org) to find out more info.
- NACD Technical Assistance Grant Reporting link: Technical Assistance Grants Reporting Portal – NACD (nacdnet.org)
- To be featured as TA Grant success story or questions about the grant for new or current grantees, please email: ConservationPrograms[at]nacdnet.org
Urban Agriculture Conservation (UAC) Grant:
- To see current grantees or if you wish to apply for a NACD UAC grant for your District please visit: Urban and Community – NACD (nacdnet.org)
- To be featured as UAC Grant success story, submit information to Ariel Rivers, Ariel-Rivers[at]nacdnet.org
- Education is a critical element of the conservation effort at the local, state, and national levels. Educating young people about the benefits of conservation helps to ensure the next generation will be wise stewards of America’s natural resources.
- To view and download for free NACDs educational materials please visit: Conservation Education Hub
- NACD is working to ensure that conservation districts can continue successfully delivering conservation on the ground across the country. On Monday, April 13, NACD President Tim Palmer sent a letter to Congress outlining policy and funding requests that NACD believe could help conservation districts that are struggling continue to serve landowners and that could help support our nation’s infrastructure should Congress pursue an infrastructure stimulus package.
- We encourage all conservation districts and their supporters to contact your Members of Congress. To find your member of Congress, advocacy training, issue papers or to use one of our letter templates please visit Grassroots Advocacy – NACD (nacdnet.org)