National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Southeast Regional Director: Hope Daley, Miss.
Southeast Conservation District Employees Association President: Kaleigh Evans, Ky.
NACD Staff – Southeast Region Representative: Candice Abinanti, Charlotte, N.C.
- Conservation Planning Boot Camp has been canceled for 2020.
- With the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, NACD has created a COVID-19 webpage to keep you informed. It contains resources and guidance for conservation districts and their associations.
Districts, associations or state agencies interested in purchasing EnviroScape® hands-on models can receive discounts with the following promotional codes good now through Dec. 31, 2020.10% off one or more models with the code NACD1015% off 5 or more models with the code NACD1520% off 10 or more models with the code NACD20Enter codes when ordering online or contact erin[at]enviroscapes.com to place an order.
- Dec. 17, 2020 – NACD Urban and Community Conservation webinar on Growing Community: Flexibility, Adaptability and Collaboration During COVID-19 | 12-1 pm Eastern | Register here
- Feb. 1-10, 2021 – 75th NACD Annual Meeting | Virtual Meeting | Registration now open, only $50 per participant!
- July 25-31, 2021 – 2021 NCF-Envirothon | Lincoln, Neb.
- July 24-27, 2021 – 2021 NACD Summer Meeting | Chicago, Ill.
- Feb. 12-16, 2022 – 2022 NACD Annual Meeting | Orlando, Fla.
- Nov. 30, 2020 – Proposals due to the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) for Wetland Reserve Enhancement Partnership (WREP)
- Dec. 1, 2020 – Submissions due for the 2020 NACD and NACD Auxiliary Poster and Photo Contest
- Dec. 4, 2020 – Deadline to submit proposed by-law amendments for consideration by the NACD Board of Directors
- Dec. 31, 2020 – Deadline to propose new resolutions for consideration by the NACD Board of Directors
- Jan. 11, 2021 – Deadline to apply for the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Community Forest and Open Space Conservation Program
- Jan. 29, 2021 – Deadline to apply for FEMA’s new Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) pre-disaster mitigation grant program | Nature-based solutions, e.g., green infrastructure are encouraged
Technical Assistance (TA) Grants
Have a TA Grant success story? Please share information with candice-abinanti[at]nacdnet.org
- NACD’s Southeast Region was awarded a total of $2,310,413 in TA2020 grant funding. The grants fund 74 positions in 77 districts in all 11 of the Southeast Region’s states and territories.
- Grant awards made under the TA2020 Priority Request for renewing grantees were announced in March 2020. These renewal grants total $1,800,939 to continue 60 positions serving 70 districts in 9 states and territories in the Southeast Region.
- Grant awards made under the TA2020 Request for Proposals were announced in July 2020. In the Southeast, 7 new grantees were awarded $509,474 in funding to employ 14 positions to serve 7 districts in 7 states and territories.
- For a map of all TA grantees across the region and country, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- The next Quarterly Reports are due: January 20, 2021 for the reporting period of Oct. 1 – Dec. 31, 2020
Urban Agriculture Conservation (UAC) Grant Initiative
- Congratulations to the Southeast Region’s 2020 UAC grant recipients: Richland SWCD in South Carolina and Colonial SWCD in Virginia
Friends of NACD District Grants Program – Districts helping districts
- Congratulations to Richland SWCD in South Carolina for being awarded a $2,500 grant in 2020 from the Friends of NACD District Grants Program
Stories from the Southeast Region:
- Georgia Association of Conservation Districts offers online and virtual supervisor and staff trainings to districts, Oct. 26, 2020
- SWCD Helping Charlotte, N.C. achieve tree canopy mission, Sept. 9, 2020
- Teaming up for Technical Assistance in Northern Florida, Aug. 31, 2020
- Kentucky’s Henry County CD hits their stride with grant from NRCS, July 30, 2020
- Technical Assistance in the Everglades Agricultural Area, July 13, 2020
- Grazing Assistance and Youth Outreach in Washington County, Tennessee, June 8, 2020
- In South Florida, A High-Tech Solution Helps the Hendry SWCD with Low-Lying Challenges, Spring 2020 edition of The Resource, pp. 16-17
- SWCD fighting forest invasives through Good Neighbor Authority, April 14, 2020
- Farm Inc. Engages Harrison County, Kentucky High Schoolers, 2019 NACD Annual Report, pp. 44-45
- NACD and Pollinator Partnership Name Georgia Farm Winners of Pollinator Conservation Award, Oct. 24, 2019
- South Carolina district is helping to restore longleaf, enhance habitat, Sep. 24, 2019
- Duval SWCD celebrates 66th anniversary, Sept. 10, 2019
- Puerto Rico’s Southwest District Partners for Conservation in the Guanica-Rio Loco Watershed, Summer 2019 edition of The Resource, pp. 14-15
- Virginia Team Named 2019 NCF-Envirothon Champions, Aug. 4, 2019
- Caribe Soil Conservation District reinstates Youth Board and inaugurates irrigation system, June 5, 2019
- Mississippi districts, NWTF help to educate the next generation, May 21, 2019
- Alabama field day helps educate hundreds, March 22, 2019
- Forest Farming in Leake County, Mississippi: Mushrooms Appeal to Rural and Urban Growers, March 6, 2019
- Henderson County SWCD Restores 1,000 Feet of Stream in North Carolina, Feb. 21, 2019
- TA grant helps get things moving in South Carolina, Jan. 22, 2019
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Candice Abinanti, candice-abinanti[at]nacdnet.org
For information on the Southeast Region meeting, click here.