Executive Board Member: Franklin Williams, N.C.
Region Chair: Steven Meeks, Va.
Region Vice Chair: Kenny Mullis, S.C.
National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Southeast Regional Director: Hope Daley, Miss.
Southeast Conservation District Employees Association President: Kayleigh Evans, Ky.
National Association of State Conservation Agencies (NASCA) State Representatives
NACD Staff – Southeast Region Representative: Candice Abinanti, N.C.
Registration is now open for the 2022 NACD Annual Meeting to be held Feb. 12-16, 2022 in Orlando, Fla.!
- Submit a breakout session proposal for the 2022 NACD Annual Meeting using this online form by Sept. 24, 2021.
- District officials: apply by Sept. 24, 2021 for the NCF’s 2022 Next Generation Leadership Institute (NGLI) cohort.
- Nominations for the NCPP Hugh Hammond Bennett Award for Conservation Excellence are being accepted through Oct. 1, 2021.
- NACD is seeking presentation proposals on urban and community resource conservation issues for the fiscal year 2022 monthly urban and community conservation webinar series. Submit your ideas online!
- 2021 marks NACD’s 75th anniversary. Share your conservation district’s success story in our special 75th Anniversary newsletter.
- Sept. 10-11, 2021 – 2021 Southeastern Environmental Education Alliance (SEEA) Conference | Lutheridge-Arden, N.C.
- Sept. 16, 2021 – NACD Urban and Community (U&C) Conservation Webinar: Strategies for Marketing Your Conservation District | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Sept. 27-30, 2021 – State Association Executive Directors’ Conference | Asheville, N.C.
- Oct. 4-6, 2021 – National Association of State Conservation Agencies’ (NASCA) 2021 Conservation Conference | Spokane, Wash.
- Nov. 8-11, 2021 – Southeast Conservation District Employees Association Annual Conference | Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Feb. 12-16, 2022 – 2022 NACD Annual Meeting | Orlando, Fla.
- April 22 – May 1, 2022 – 67th Annual Stewardship Week: “Healthy Soil: Healthy Life”
- July 15-17, 2022 – 2022 NACD Summer Meeting | San Juan, P.R.
- July 17-20, 2022 – 2022 NACD Southeast Region Meeting | San Juan, P.R.
- July 24-30, 2022 – NCF-Envirothon | Oxford, Ohio
- Sept. 10, 2021 – Nomination deadline for NACD’s Friend of Conservation and Distinguished Service Awards
- Sept. 24, 2021 – Application deadline for 2022 NGLI Cohort
- Sept. 24, 2021 – Last day to submit a breakout session proposal for the 2022 NACD Annual Meeting using this online form
- Sept. 28, 2021 – Nomination deadline for the American Society of Agronomy’s Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Conservationist of the Year Award
- Oct. 1, 2021 – Nomination deadline for the National Conservation Planning Partnership’s (NCPP) Hugh Hammond Bennett (HHB) Award for Conservation Excellence
- Dec. 15, 2021 – Nomination deadline for the National Association of State Foresters (NASF) 2022 Smokey Bear Awards
- Dec. 16, 2021 – Early bird registration for the 2022 NACD Annual Meeting ends
Technical Assistance (TA) Grants
Have a TA Grant success story? Please share information with candice-abinanti[at]nacdnet.org
- NACD’s Southeast Region was awarded a total of $2,746,997 in TA2021 grant funding. The grants fund 100 positions in 80 districts in all 11 of the Southeast Region’s states and territories, as well as the Seminole Tribe of Florida.
- For a map of all TA grantees across the region and country, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- The next Quarterly Reports are due: Oct. 20, 2021 for the reporting period of July 1 – Sept. 30, 2021.
Urban Agriculture Conservation (UAC) Grant Initiative
- Congratulations to the Duval SWCD in Florida, Jefferson County SWCD in Kentucky and the Northern Virginia SWCD in Virginia for being selected as 2021 UAC Grant Initiative awardees.
Friends of NACD District Grants Program – Districts helping districts
- Congratulations to the Duval SWCD in Florida and the Catoosa County CD in Georgia for each being awarded a $2,500 grant in 2021 from the Friends of NACD District Grants Program.
Stories from the Southeast Region:
- Barrels & Beer Events Help Anderson County SWCD Grow its Community Outreach and Impact, July 13, 2021
- From the Statehouse to the Farmhouse: Richland SWCD Educates a Diverse Community, Spring 2021 edition of The Resource, pp. 16-17
- Friends of NACD District Grant Helps Richland SWCD Launch a Seed Sanctuary and Garner New Public Awareness, April 22, 2021
- Georgia’s New Assistance Program Provides Conservation and Job Creation Wins, 2020 NACD Annual Report, pp. 53-54
- SWCDs join forces to expand forestry educational programs, March 23, 2021
- Technical Assistance Grants get Conservation on the Ground in North Carolina, March 22, 2021
- Improving Livestock Watering Systems in Oconee, South Carolina, March 9, 2021
- Virginia’s Northern Neck SWCD Makes Employee Field Safety a Priority, Fall 2020 edition of The Resource, pp. 26-27
- Georgia Association of Conservation Districts offers online and virtual supervisor and staff trainings to districts, Oct. 26, 2020
- SWCD Helping Charlotte, N.C. achieve tree canopy mission, Sept. 9, 2020
- Teaming up for Technical Assistance in Northern Florida, Aug. 31, 2020
- Kentucky’s Henry County CD hits their stride with grant from NRCS, July 30, 2020
- Technical Assistance in the Everglades Agricultural Area, July 13, 2020
- Grazing Assistance and Youth Outreach in Washington County, Tennessee, June 8, 2020
- In South Florida, A High-Tech Solution Helps the Hendry SWCD with Low-Lying Challenges, Spring 2020 edition of The Resource, pp. 16-17
- SWCD fighting forest invasives through Good Neighbor Authority, April 14, 2020
- Farm Inc. Engages Harrison County, Kentucky High Schoolers, 2019 NACD Annual Report, pp. 44-45
- NACD and Pollinator Partnership Name Georgia Farm Winners of Pollinator Conservation Award, Oct. 24, 2019
- South Carolina district is helping to restore longleaf, enhance habitat, Sep. 24, 2019
- Duval SWCD celebrates 66th anniversary, Sept. 10, 2019
- Puerto Rico’s Southwest District Partners for Conservation in the Guanica-Rio Loco Watershed, Summer 2019 edition of The Resource, pp. 14-15
- Virginia Team Named 2019 NCF-Envirothon Champions, Aug. 4, 2019
- Caribe Soil Conservation District reinstates Youth Board and inaugurates irrigation system, June 5, 2019
- Mississippi districts, NWTF help to educate the next generation, May 21, 2019
- Alabama field day helps educate hundreds, March 22, 2019
- Forest Farming in Leake County, Mississippi: Mushrooms Appeal to Rural and Urban Growers, March 6, 2019
- Henderson County SWCD Restores 1,000 Feet of Stream in North Carolina, Feb. 21, 2019
- TA grant helps get things moving in South Carolina, Jan. 22, 2019
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Candice Abinanti, candice-abinanti[at]nacdnet.org