National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Southeast Regional Director: Hope Daley, Miss.
Southeast Conservation District Employees Association President: Kayleigh Evans, Ky.
NACD Staff – Southeast Region Representative: Candice Abinanti, N.C.
- The 66th annual Stewardship Week will be celebrated April 25 – May 2, 2021. This year’s theme is “Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities.” Find outreach resources and learn more here.
- Do you plan to attend NACD’s 2021 Summer Conservation Forum and Tour planned for July 24-27 in Chicago, Ill.? Let us know your interest with this quick survey.
Save the date for the 2021 Southeast Region Meeting: Aug. 8-11, 2021 at the Lodge at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Ala. Stay tuned to this page for registration and reservation information coming later this spring.
- 2021 marks NACD’s 75th anniversary. Share your conservation district’s success story in our special 75th Anniversary newsletter.
- April 15, 2021 – NACD Urban and Community Conservation webinar on West Virginia’s Soil Trailer | 12-1 pm Eastern | Register here
- April 25 – May 2, 2021 – Stewardship Week: “Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities”
- July 24-27, 2021 – NACD Summer Meeting | Chicago, Ill.
- July 25-31, 2021 – NCF-Envirothon | Virtual
- Aug. 8-11, 2021 – NACD Southeast Region Meeting | Gulf Shores, Ala.
- Feb. 12-16, 2022 – 2022 NACD Annual Meeting | Orlando, Fla.
- April 6, 2021 – Deadline to submit pre-proposals for the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF)’s Conservation Partners Program
- April 7, 2021 – Deadline to submit pre-proposals for NFWF’s 2021 National Coastal Resilience Fund
- April 8, 2021 – Deadline to submit public comments to the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)’ proposed revisions to 23 national conservation practice standards
- April 29, 2021 – Deadline to submit public comments to the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the Executive Order on Tackline the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad
- April 30, 2021 – Deadline to apply for the Native Youth Community Adaptation and Leadership Congress (NYCALC) four-week program beginning July 2021
- May 28, 2021 – Deadline to apply for project funding with NRCS’ Regional Conservation Partnership Program’s (RCPP) Alternative Funding Arrangements (AFA)
- July 16, 2021 – Deadline for nominations for the Pollinator Partnership’s 2021 Pollinator Advocate and Agricultural Pollinator Conservation Awards
- June 25, 2021 – Deadline to submit proposals for funding to the Joint Chief’s Landscape Conservation Initiative (JCLRP)
Technical Assistance (TA) Grants
Have a TA Grant success story? Please share information with candice-abinanti[at]nacdnet.org
- The Request for Proposals from new TA2021 applicants is expected to be announced in April.
- For a map of all TA grantees across the region and country, scroll to the bottom of this page.
- The next Quarterly Reports are due: April 20, 2021 for the reporting period of Jan. 1 – March. 31, 2021
Urban Agriculture Conservation (UAC) Grant Initiative
- Congratulations to the Duval SWCD in Florida, Jefferson County SWCD in Kentucky and the Northern Virginia SWCD in Virginia for being selected as 2021 UAC Grant Initiative awardees.
Friends of NACD District Grants Program – Districts helping districts
- Congratulations to the Duval SWCD in Florida and the Catoosa County CD in Georgia for each being awarded a $2,500 grant in 2021 from the Friends of NACD District Grants Program.
Stories from the Southeast Region:
- SWCDs join forces to expand forestry educational programs, March 23, 2021
- Technical Assistance Grants get Conservation on the Ground in North Carolina, March 22, 2021
- Improving Livestock Watering Systems in Oconee, South Carolina, March 9, 2021
- Virginia’s Northern Neck SWCD Makes Employee Field Safety a Priority, Fall 2020 edition of The Resource, pp. 26-27
- Georgia Association of Conservation Districts offers online and virtual supervisor and staff trainings to districts, Oct. 26, 2020
- SWCD Helping Charlotte, N.C. achieve tree canopy mission, Sept. 9, 2020
- Teaming up for Technical Assistance in Northern Florida, Aug. 31, 2020
- Kentucky’s Henry County CD hits their stride with grant from NRCS, July 30, 2020
- Technical Assistance in the Everglades Agricultural Area, July 13, 2020
- Grazing Assistance and Youth Outreach in Washington County, Tennessee, June 8, 2020
- In South Florida, A High-Tech Solution Helps the Hendry SWCD with Low-Lying Challenges, Spring 2020 edition of The Resource, pp. 16-17
- SWCD fighting forest invasives through Good Neighbor Authority, April 14, 2020
- Farm Inc. Engages Harrison County, Kentucky High Schoolers, 2019 NACD Annual Report, pp. 44-45
- NACD and Pollinator Partnership Name Georgia Farm Winners of Pollinator Conservation Award, Oct. 24, 2019
- South Carolina district is helping to restore longleaf, enhance habitat, Sep. 24, 2019
- Duval SWCD celebrates 66th anniversary, Sept. 10, 2019
- Puerto Rico’s Southwest District Partners for Conservation in the Guanica-Rio Loco Watershed, Summer 2019 edition of The Resource, pp. 14-15
- Virginia Team Named 2019 NCF-Envirothon Champions, Aug. 4, 2019
- Caribe Soil Conservation District reinstates Youth Board and inaugurates irrigation system, June 5, 2019
- Mississippi districts, NWTF help to educate the next generation, May 21, 2019
- Alabama field day helps educate hundreds, March 22, 2019
- Forest Farming in Leake County, Mississippi: Mushrooms Appeal to Rural and Urban Growers, March 6, 2019
- Henderson County SWCD Restores 1,000 Feet of Stream in North Carolina, Feb. 21, 2019
- TA grant helps get things moving in South Carolina, Jan. 22, 2019
Please send any resources, job posts, events, blogs, news to share, questions, comments, etc. to Candice Abinanti, candice-abinanti[at]nacdnet.org