National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA) Southwest Region Representative: Gretchen Rank, CO, NCDEA Southwest Region Alternate: Brenda Smythe, NM
National Association of State Conservation Agencies (NASCA) Region Director: Nikki Brinson, Broomfield, CO
NACD Staff, Southwest Region Representative: Rachel Theler, Buena Vista, CO
- 2021 marks NACD’s 75th anniversary. Share your conservation district’s success story in our special 75th Anniversary newsletter.
Applications are now being accepted through Sept. 24, 2021 for the NCF’s 2022 Next Generation Leadership Institute (NGLI) cohort.
- Nominations for the NCPP Hugh Hammond Bennett Award for Conservation Excellence are also now being accepted through Oct. 1, 2021.
- NACD is seeking presentation proposals on urban and community resource conservation issues for the fiscal year 2022 monthly urban and community conservation webinar series. Submit your ideas online!
- Submit any questions, news or events to Rachel Theler, rachel-theler[at]nacdnet.org, and check NACD’s calendar for more events.
- Sep. 27-30, 2021 – State Association Executive Directors’ Conference | Asheville, N.C.
- Oct. 4-6, 2021 – National Association of State Conservation Agencies’ (NASCA) 2021 Conservation Conference | Spokane, Wash.
- Feb. 12-16, 2022 – 2022 NACD Annual Meeting Orlando, Fla.
- April 22 – May 1, 2022 – 67th Annual Stewardship Week: “Healthy Soil: Healthy Life”
- July 15-17, 2022 – 2022 NACD Summer Meeting | San Juan, P.R.
- July 24-30, 2022 – NCF-Envirothon | Oxford, Ohio
- Sept. 24, 2021 – Deadline to apply for the NCF Next Generation Leadership Institute
- Oct. 1, 2021 – Nomination deadline for NCPP Hugh Hammond Bennett Award for Conservation Excellence
Technical Assistance Grants:
- To be featured as TA Grant success story, submit information to Rachel Theler, rachel-theler[at]nacdnet.org
- NACD’s Technical Assistance Grant Quarterly Reports are due July 20th!
- For a map of all TA grantees across the region and country, visit the Technical Assistance Grants page.