Open Positions at NACD
The NACD Director of Development manages a growing resource development portfolio in support of national conservation objectives, providing engagement in and management of a comprehensive fundraising development plan, in close coordination with the CEO and management team, to identify and pursue strategic partnerships and projects; and to coordinate and conduct related outreach to businesses, foundations, NGOs and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please email resume, cover letter and two writing samples to hr[at]nacdnet.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line. Resumes will be received until the position is filled.
Internships at NACD
NACD interns work with NACD’s government affairs and communications staff to advance the association’s legislative agenda. Interns are given projects to enhance their understanding of Congress and the legislative process. Additionally, they will learn the interworkings of federal natural resources and environmental agencies as well as the roles conservation districts and state conservation agencies play in the development of natural resources, agricultural and environmental policies.
NACD interns are often college juniors or seniors who are interested in natural resources policy, environmental science or agricultural fields. They traditionally work for 10 weeks during the summer or 15 weeks during the fall or spring and are expected to work full- time, although special arrangements can be made. A performance-based stipend is awarded at the end of the internship.
- Assisting in summarizing and disseminating policy information to conservation leaders;
- Assisting with coordinating grassroots outreach efforts;
- Representing NACD at meetings, press conferences, receptions and other events;
- Helping write and edit newsletters and other special reports relative to policy and programs;
- Attending hearings and briefings on subjects relative to private lands conservation funding and policies;
- Interpreting data and creating reports and charts; and
- Performing any and all related duties that advance the mission and purposes of NACD.
How to Apply
Fall Session: 15 weeks, September through mid-December
Summer Session: 10 weeks, June through mid-August
Spring Session: 15 weeks (flexible), mid-January through May
*Arrangements for shorter internship terms, including winter mini-mesters, are available upon request.