Conservation Innovation Symposium
Hosted by the National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA)
This session will showcase the innovative partnerships between conservation districts, producers and other entities on software technology such as PTMApp, on-farm trials for soil health, soil moisture and the successive cash crop in the arid 8-12” rainfall zone as a method of cost-effective management options. Additionally, in conjunction with the NCPP, Conservation Desktop (CD) and CART will be presented from the vantage point of a district employee in a co-located field office and in non-co-located field offices. The session will include a Q & A with audience involvement. Panelists from selected state and conservation district partnerships will present their story and experiences.
Moderator: Velynda Parker, NCDEA Board Member
- Leslie Michel – Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Matt Drewitz – Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources
- Doug Thomas – Houston Engineering
- Doug Bos – Rock County Land Management
- Aaron Lauster – NRCS
- Wade Troutman – Washington producer
Urban and Community Conservation Symposium
Since 2016, NACD has partnered with NRCS in awarding grants to 81 conservation districts in 34 states to boost technical assistance capacity for urban agriculture conservation. One of the key grant goals is to maintain the urban agriculture conservation (UAC) service at some level and format. This symposium features how the following grant recipients have met this goal through collaborations and fundraising.
Moderator: Ron Rohall, Urban and Community RPG Chair
- Janine Rybka – Cuyahoga SWCD, Ohio
- Jenna Martyn-Fisher – Cumberland County SWCD, Maine
- Jonathan Burgess – Allegheny County CD, Pa.
- Susie Kirschner – Inland Empire RCD, Calif.
- Lilias Pettit-Scott – Jefferson County SWCD, Ky.
- Lindsey Diaz – Valencia SWCD, N.M.